As the current costs of some campus Christian schools are pricing many families out of the market, and as other families feel uncertain of their abilities to home school their children, online programs are filling a need for some parents who want to provide their children with a Christian education. Most online programs are less expensive than a full service campus school and generally are easy to employ or execute.
Since one adult can effectively supervise several children using an online program, this approach can work well in a variety of schooling situations. For example, an online program may fit well into a small campus Christian school, as in a “one-room schoolhouse.” In another set of circumstances, home schooling parents may choose to use an online program as their stand-alone curriculum or choose individual online courses to supplement their home education curriculum.
Several Christian online programs are listed here:
- Alpha Omega Switched-On Online
- Apologia Academy Online
- BJU Press, Distance Learning Online
- Liberty University Online Academy
- The King’s Way Classical Academy
- The Potter’s School
- Ask Dr. Calahan
- Classical Christian Home Schooling Classical Free Academy Patterned after Dorothy Sayers’ “Lost Tools of Learning”, Classical Free Academy is dedicated to replacing the “cultural elite” of the West with a generation of Christian students thoroughly armed with a Biblical worldview and trained in the ancient Trivium.