Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms. There is a wealth of information on their website including:
- Specific information regarding each state’s homeschooling laws,
- Links to national, state and local home school support organizations across the United States and in some foreign countries,
- Help for the struggling learner.
For more information, please, visit the HSLDA website at www.hslda.org.
Homeschool Resource Roadmap
The Homeschool Resource Roadmap provides current and prospective homeschooling parents with summative information about more than 2,800 homeschool-oriented resources in over 140 different content areas. To access free information for each resource, check out the “Common Core Project” which defines whether or not the curriculum is in alignment with Common Core State Standards, partially aligned, or not aligned at all. For more information, visit their website at www.hsroadmap.org.
Considering Homeschooling is a ministry with the purpose of inspiring Christian parents to home school their children from a Christian worldview. The ministry provides mentoring and information to Christian families with the view that it is never too early for a family to begin researching home schooling and the importance of providing children with a biblical education. The goals of this ministry are to:
- Provide opportunities for Christian families to research home schooling and to fellowship with like- minded families.
- Inspire Christian parents to home school their children from a Christian worldview.
- Connect families with established Christian homeschool support groups and other like-minded organizations.
- Offer help in choosing the best God-centered educational options for families.
For more information visit the website at www.consideringhomeschooling.org.
Homeschooling Family-To-Family is an outreach ministry of Frontline Ministries, Inc. The purpose of HSFTF is to encourage home schooling in the Christian community by:
- Reaching out to Christian families, helping them to see God’s directive for Christian education for their children and educating parents about the advantages of home schooling,
- Recruiting Christian families to home schooling, and
- Mentoring new home schooling families by offering assistance, encouragement and support.
For more information visit the website at www.homeschoolingfamilytofamily.org.
National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI) is an organization whose mission is to:
- Produce high-quality research (e.g., statistics, facts, findings) on home-based education (home schooling).
- Serve as a clearinghouse of research for the public, researchers, homeschoolers, the media, and policy makers.
- Educate the public concerning the findings of all research on home education.
For more information visit the website at www.nheri.org.
The National Black Home Educators (NBHE) is a networking organization created to serve the community by:
- Providing assistance with information about beginning home schooling,
- Networking/connecting veteran families with new families, and
- Recommending resources such as books, music, films, speaking information and curriculum materials.
- NBHE’s mission is to empower parents to educate their children for excellence.
For more information, visit their website at www.nbhe.net.
National Challenged Homeschoolers Associated Network (NATHHAN) Encouraging homeschooling families with special needs children, in ways that glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and equipping parents to confidently homeschool their children with special needs or disabilities. www.nathhan.com
SC Association of Independent Home Schools (SCAIHS) is an accountability association based in Columbia, South Carolina. For more information, visit their website at http://www.scaihs.org/.
Homeschooling magazines are an excellent resource for home schooling help and information. Below is a list of helpful online magazines along with the website for each one:
- The Old Schoolhouse Be sure to check out their ebooks, several of which are free.
- Home School Digest Valuable information on discipleship and home schooling from a biblical worldview.
- Practical Homeschooling (Homeschool World)